Monday, March 9, 2009

I can't believe I did this.

How many times did I tell myself I wasn't going to get a blog? At least 70. I feel bad for my journal. It's got like 50 pages that I attempted to write on. Some of them simpy contain a date and a time stamp. Others have sentence fragments such as, "I swear to God...", "I think that...fuck, writer's block.", and "Today I made a turkey sandwich." I posted a few journal-like entries as Facebook notes, and while I was able to get out a steady flow of words that didn't have to do with what I made for lunch, I felt like posting my thoughts on Facebook seemed like a desperate plea for someone to offer me encouragement, or better yet, just tell me what to write. Actually, I don't see how this blog is any different. Fuck.

I am so thankful that Fargo Coffee Co. exists. Finally, a place where I can go at any hour of the day or night, to drink shitty coffee, sit around, watch TV, and do nothing while actually being out in public. Genius. There's nothing better than being obnoxious while watching Chelsea Lately with Jacob in the presence of strangers.

On March 24, one of my dreams will be fulfilled when I get to see Leslie Hall live in concert.

I thought another one of my dreams would be fulfilled when Michael Jackson announced a comeback tour. When he says tour, he means 10 concerts, all in London, starting July 8th. He better televise that shit.

Thank God I live in a region of the United States where it snows ALL THE TIME. There's nothing I enjoy more than navigating my little Alero through narrow streets going 10 MPH and crying behind the wheel because my ice-coated windshield wipers don't work and there is no place to pull over because I'm on a college campus during prime class hours.

"Blood on the Dance Floor" is easily one of the best songs MJ released in the '90s. It's a shame that more people don't know about it.

So I think I have this blog because I really want a celebrity to read it.

1 comment:

  1. haha nice layout.
    Maybe the Michael Jackson concert will be on DirecTV all access channel 101. That's where I first saw the Beyoncé Experience :)
    I'll be sure to inform you if such a wonderful feat were to happen.

    ReplyDelete