Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Who's your favorite president?

Today I let Sebastian talk me into getting Twitter.  Yet another dumb thing to have to update.  However, thanks to Twitter, Perez Hilton can tell me that Zac Efron is going to be on the cover of May's GQ(Gentleman's Quarterly, not Gypsy Queen).  I guess that's good to know.  Also I can use it to know that Sebastian is still alive, because he updates about every half hour.

Today I got an Easter card from my grandma with $10 in it to "buy some gas or a latte or something."  She's so precious.  I hope she sends me cards with money in them for as long as she lives.  Not just because of the money, but because of the cute things she writes in them.  If I get married and give birth to my children named after liquor, and they get married and have children, maybe named after liquor, maybe not, I hope I can be a grandma like my grandma, and write cute little heart-felt sayings and suggestions of what to spend the money on, only I also hope I can stick a Benjamin in their cards instead of a Hamilton.

Speaking of Presidents, Herbert Hoover has to be one of the worst presidents the United States has ever had.  He only took action during the Great Depression because the people demanded it, and his plan of "action", the RFC didn't do anything to aid in recovery.  How could he say the country was "economically sound"  when the jobless rate was 25+%, banks were collapsing left and right, and there was no end of decline in sight?  Huh, sounds familiar.  Anyone who doesn't believe Bush was a modern day Hoover must also not believe Anna Nicole Smith is dead(RIP).

I am in need of a good book to read, however, it needs to be one I can finish rather quickly, as finals are fast approaching and I don't want to get halfway through a long novel and have to take a break due to numerous hours spent studying.  That happened with Atlas Shrugged.  As liberal as I am, I love Ayn Rand's blatant conservatism.  But you know I've hit rock bottom in my novel collection when I am rereading Twilight and that book fucking blows.  I'm really glad I own the whole series, and paid money to see that pathetic excuse for cinematography.  New Moon is sure to be much better, being as Bella is suicidal the whole time.  How uplifting.

I do not like Microbiology, but my professor is a woman after my own heart.  She unknowingly quotes Youtube videos... example:  first day of class she was rambling and said, "Now I know you're sitting here thinking, 'She's talking to me about stuff... Why?'"  I couldn't help but silently snicker because that happens to be a quote from "Show Me Your Genitals".  She also says things that I already have said, or will probably say in the future.  Yesterday she referred to all the students who helped sandbag as "gems".  Probably the best part of my day.

I have rediscovered my love for Matt Costa and Gavin Degraw.  I have my iTunes on shuffle, and not brag, but I have incredibly good taste in music.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your made-up grammar corrections. And I thought you hated twitter?
    Read the Awakening. I love that book.
    Biology teachers need to be like that. I am envious of her personality.

    ReplyDelete