Saturday, April 4, 2009

Snap back to reality

I am so not ready to go back to school. I am especially nervous for microbiology lab, as I started growing an EMB agar plate of E. coli bacteria on March 3, and my first day of bio lab since then will be on April 7. What does this mean? This means that by now there are millions of E. coli colonies growing on that plate. E. coli is going to take over the world.

I actually don't mind my job when I feel like it is necessary and useful for me to be there. I am also finally back to getting my 15-20 hours per week, like I requested at the beginning of the semester. I feel like my manager heard through the Herberger's grape vine that I was pissed about getting only 8 hours a week for a stretch of time, and I feel a little bad. But only a little, as my manager rarely listens to anyone needs and concerns. In economic times such as these, one should not be bitter about being a retail store manager; one should be thankful to have a job. The jobless rate is currently up to 8.5% and could be as high as 10% by the end of this year. That terrifies me. It makes me feel like I need to write a skit about the dire state of our economy, film it, post it on youtube, and pray that somehow Barack Obama sees it. I wish Obama had a Facebook, so then I could post my video link on his wall, and also maybe spend some time commenting on his pictures and liking his statuses. I would also maybe like for him to have an album called Editttttts!♥*, and use piknik to edit some his favorite pictures with inspirational quotes and hearts.

Last night some friends and I were discussing being able to genetically program your children. I decided I would genetically program at least one of my children to have gills and a shark fin. Also, some choice names I have picked out are Jack Daniels and Bacardi Razz. Did I mention I have taken a three week vow of sobriety?

My houndtooth rainboots arrived in the mail a whole 2 days earlier than they were supposed to and I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. Just keep Lady GaGa out of my prescense and I'll respect your terms.
    If by some horrible circumstance I happen to have children, I'm naming them after earth substances like River or Sky. Or Adam.

    ReplyDelete