Thursday, April 29, 2010

lovelovelove.

So, it's been a while since I have updated this bitch.  Considering I have nothing better to do at midnight, I may as well update the masses on my exciting life.

I'm at a really good place in my life right now.  Really good.  I am constantly surrounded by good people, a supportive family, and a plethora of opportunity.  It feels like things are finally starting to fall into place since I began my college journey.  

In recent months, I have found myself in the company of new people with whom I really enjoy spending my time.  I never would have seen myself here a few months ago.  I have not forgotten my old friends, and it's nice that I can comfortably merge my two worlds.  It saddens me that come September, some of my favorites will be leaving me to begin their own college endeavors.  So many of them are like little sisters to me (though none will replace my own baby sister.  These are the little sisters that are interested in the same things as me, though), but I am so excited to watch them take this next step in their lives.  It's crazy to think of where our little Trollwood group will be in a couple of years.  We've all grown up so much.

The older I get, the closer I get to my family.  I suppose that's kind of expected, but it's nice to know it is possible, especially because I was such a little brat in high school.

I am almost finished with my junior year of college.  I will officially be graduating in a year(!)-exciting and terrifying at the same time.  I landed a summer internship with the High Plains Reader.  Even though my original plan was to intern outside of Fargo, I am really excited to begin this.  I'm going to get an opportunity to write, edit, shoot, and attend writing workshops outside of Fargo.  This is a chance to get my name out there.  While my goal is still ultimately to teach, I do want to do some freelancing, and I'm not going to completely let go of my youthful dream to host a talk show just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment